Autism Research using NIRS
We are looking for participants 13-18 years old with typical development or autism for a research study exploring brain function. Anticipated duration is twenty (1-hour) sessions.
- Cognitive and behavioral evaluation
- Brain imaging with fNIRS. Scans are safe, non-invasive and do not use X-rays or radiation. They are used to look at brain function.
- One hour training per week for 20 continuous weeks, and one additional visit for assessment.
Benefits of participating:
- Information from behavioral assessment, with a research report of the assessment results upon request.
- Access to ongoing updates about the study
- Honorarium of $25/session
Download flyer (PDF - Autism - Phase 2)
For further information regarding questions, concerns, or complaints about research, research related injury, and questions about the rights of research participants, please call (650) 723-5244 or call toll free 1- 866-680-2906, or write the Administrative Panel on Human Subjects in Medical Research, Administrative Panels Office, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305-5401