GABA Neuroimaging Research
Males (ages 21-28) with fragile X syndrome, intellectual or developmental disability, and/or autism spectrum disorder are invited to participate in an NIH-funded brain imaging study to help identify new treatments for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Coming to Stanford for 2-3 days
- Remaining still in a simulated scan session
- Cognitive testing
- Preparation for PET imaging
- Completion of a combined 1 hour PET/MRI scan
Inclusion criteria for participation-the individual must be:
- Between 21 and 28 years of age
- Diagnosed with Fragile X syndrome or a non-specific developmental disability
- IQ between 40 and 70 points
Benefits of participating:
- Results of the cognitive testing
- High resolution pictures of the brain
- An honorarium of $100 for participation
- Local and long-distance travel arrangements will be made by Stanford research staff. There are no travel or lodging costs to families for participation.
To determine eligibility for this study, please click the link to go to a brief survey, or copy and paste the URL directly into your web browser.
For more information, or to enroll, please contact:
Scott Hall, PhD, BCBA, firstname.lastname@example.org
Download study flyer here