Comprehensive Klinefelter Syndrome Research Study at Stanford
Boys with Klinefelter Syndrome are invited to participate in a NIH-funded research study designed to increase our understanding of learning, behavior, genetics and brain development. Currently recruiting boys ages 4 to 10 with XXY karyotypes not currently receiving testosterone treatment.
Participation involves a 2 day evaluation including:
- Comprehensive neuropsychological evaluation
- Blood test (for genetic analysis)
- Structural and functional MRI scan (to examine brain development and function)
Potential benefits of participating:
- Written report providing results of neuropsychological evaluation
- Access to ongoing updates about the outcomes of the study
- Opportunity to help researchers develop new treatment studies to improve cognition and learning in boys with Klinefelter syndrome
Families will receive a $100 honorarium for participation
Local and long-distance travel arrangements will be made by Stanford research staff, so there will be no travel or lodging costs to families for participation.
For more information or to enroll, contact Annalisa Koch:
Email: email@example.com Phone: (650) 724-2939 or (650) 440 1902
For general information about participant rights, contact 1-866-680-2906